FIRST PLACE IN THE SPECIAL NEEDS CATEGORY AT LINCOLNSHIRE SHOW!
Pupils from Dolphins class were delighted to win first prize at the Lincolnshire Show for their Eco-Friendly School project.
In front of an impressive display, the pupils presented to the judges all of the work they had undertaken for their project. This included:
- Researching about being eco-friendly
- Visiting Lion Plants to learn about growing vegetables
- Visiting the Sealife Centre to understand water pollution
- Welcoming a guest from Anglian Water to discuss how to save water
- Visiting PC World to learn about energy ratings
- Running a recycling charity shop that involved making and selling vases out of wine bottles, coral reef art work and t-shirt bags
- Taking empty bottles to the bottle bank
- Litter picking at school, the park and college
- Setting up a compost heap
- Buying recycling bins and containers for every class and putting up signs around school to turn taps and light switches off
- Cooking a vegetarian meal for the whole school
- Gardening and planting vegetables
- Planting bee friendly flowers and making a bee house
- Planning Earth Day for the whole school
- Saving batteries to recycle
And If that wasn’t enough, they also provided seed bombs to grow bee friendly flowers for all of the judges before fielding some testing questions.
Pupils from Dolphins class said, “We are really excited for the trophy to be engraved with our school name on!”