Who is responsible for the Safeguarding of Children?
It is everybody’s responsibility to be vigilant and listen to students when they are worried about safeguarding issues.
Within our school, every member of staff receives safeguarding training and all staff are made aware of the Safeguarding team.
The school will ensure:
– That all staff know how to access to the safeguarding policy.
– That all staff are clear how to follow procedures.
– The whole school will receive at least annual safeguarding training.
– That safer recruitment practices, which provide for appropriate checks, are in place and adhered to.
– The designated person liaises regularly with the Headteacher.
How safeguarding is included in the curriculum
Boston Endeavour Academy promotes safety within our pupils by providing tutor time every day to allow pupils the opportunity to discuss issues/barriers as well as allowing topic based discussions.
Every pupil receives PSHE lessons where subjects are specifically targeted. We also endeavour to cover a range of topics throughout the curriculum such as:
– Stranger danger
– Road safety
– Medicines & drug awareness
– Sex and relationships education
– Internet safety
– Emergency services and First Aid